Saturday 6 August 2011

Dear Dominic Littlewood ................. im having a few problems with 'fate'

Today has not been one of the greatest, You may not be surprised to hear that! I have decided that after 30 something years i probably should not believe in fate anymore. Gullible i may be but have always believed that things happen for a reason.
        Reading back through my blogs and thinking back on my life in general I'm seriously starting to doubt that theory now :0(
        I mean what possible reason could there be for my latest blunder of humongous proportions??
I decided last week to do a Balance transfer on my credit cards they are of exceedingly high amounts. This process involves transferring balances from old credit cards with interest rates of 16 % or more to new ones with 0%, i mean 16 % on 20 grand is a lot of money :0(  Ill tell you one day why i have accumulated 20 grand, its a very long story and not at all funny :0( grrrrrrr
        So the process 'simples' you may think. Well if you know me personally you will know my maths is hideous so faced with the said 20 grand, five credit cards and a computer things were probably never going to turn out right :0/ i had also been on insomniac island all night working out this little scheme in my head.
        All was going well until i received an email from one of the credit cards i had just opened. They informed me that the balance transfer was NOT successful. Pants!!!! as it was close to pay some off day i was a little nervous by this revelation. So i opened another credit card and transferred the balance again.
        Everything was groovy until i received a confirmation letter from the failed balance transfer credit card a few days later. FAILED BALANCE TRANSFER MY ARSE!! the balance was on there! Now this would have been good if i had not ALSO transferred the balance to another card :0( :0(
        I am probably the only person in the world to have a credit card in credit :0(  £4000 in credit. wot a twat!!! and i paid over £100 for the privilige.
       So Fate for what possible reason will that benefit my life? Another question for you is Why would i have 2 floods in one weekend?? Even Noah didn't get 2 floods in one weekend!
       It was last Sunday when i arrived home from picking up the boy child that the series of unfortunate events were about to unfold.
       Child 3 was outside with a homemade placard. Upon it were the words 'DO NOT ENTER THE FLOOD OF DOOOM ' A bio hazard creature sat in the corner with rain on its head with what looked like a poo floating in the sky.
       I did not worry too much as this is quite normal behaviour for child 3. I did not worry that was until i entered the front door. It was then for the second time in my life that i saw it raining inside :0( The first being the great flood of 2004 at my old house, my old new house what i wrecked all 3 floors to in a self plumbing accident :0(
      So 2011 and here i am again Boy 40 was all of a panic. The water was cascading down the inside of the ceiling slope above the stairs and saturating the carpet below. It came through the middle landing ceiling also saturating the carpet below, the Middle bathroom ceiling didn't look to healthy either.
      Worse was to come when i went upstairs, there the flood was at its epicenter 3 inches deep on the shower room floor, it had soaked through to the landing and two bedrooms either side. It was then that i had the awful thought, the toilet it was leaking from was blocked this morning with rather unsavoury stuff emitted from child 2's bottom :0(
       .......... My feet were wet, with what i knew not :0(  There was so much water it could have well diluted any nasty stuff by 1000 times. There was no colour to the flood water which was encouraging but i could have missed this particular poo train when i was out :0(  boy 40 was in the kitchen when it all started probably listening to radio 4 :0( i still have no idea if the poo train rode through that day or not :0/
         Monday was worse. I phoned the Halifax yes the 'HALIFAX' and tried to claim on my house insurance, after all i had 4 wrecked ceilings and as many wrecked carpets. Going through the claim was all fine until the man kindly tells me that there is a £500 excess charge. £500 ??? i say are you mad?? When i took out the policy it was £250. 'Yes' he said but you also have a £250 voluntary excess on the policy. I asked him what idiot would volunteer to pay £250 on top of a £250 excess charge. He basically said 'you did' or words to that effect.
       I argued with him and then argued with someone else i didn't get anywhere and neither of them appeared to give a shit........ Thieving vagabonds. I wrote a letter of complaint and received a letter back, i thought they would have some basic understanding and customer care but no, they basically told me to piss off, saying my renewal documents would have both excess charges in them. ( i haven't even recieved any renewal documents.
      Child 3 told me to write to 'Dont get done get Dom'  (Dominic littlewood off of the t.v) She is a frequent writer to him, her most recent letter being on the advertising misrepresentation of Science club at school. Child 3 has rather an imaginative head and took the advertisement they came in to school and did, as the certain fact she would be blowing up classrooms, doing exciting experiments with frogs and turning her classmates in to toads........ Of course it was nothing like this, she didn't even show up to the last one because it was so boring, and i paid £47.00 for it.
        Child 3 was madder than a hatter about this, the letter was 2 pages long, her point being that its not right to falsely advertise something. Child 2 our future priminister told her that advertisements are there to fool you and pointed out that meercats cannot talk and skoda cars are not in fact made of cake.!!
         As if that was not enough i headed downstairs to the kitchen fuming by what the Halitwats had said. It was at this point the microwave blew up and a heavy pot of marmite fell on my foot. 'MUM' shouts child 3 what is that??? i looked up to see water coming through the kitchen ceiling. This was not the toilet flood!! it was coming from my en suite no where near any of the toilety flood mess. 'Well that's just F  ing marvelous ' i thought to myself. The bathroom is tiled from floor to ceiling and there was no obvious sign of leakage, water was though leaking somewhere in the shower, where from i had no idea, so i needed a plumber for the 2nd time in 2 days. :0(
        I called my 10 year builders guarantee but it turns out that 'That ' cant even guarantee it will be dark tonight :0(
       Frankly I'm pissed off with the cowboy builder shite which is going on in my house that toilet flood was not a surprise its never worked properly, none of them have to be truthful. :0(
                                            Here is my letter to Dominic Littlewood for your information.


                 

































Well ill let you know what he says, i have to go the smoke alarm is going off, it appears that i have tried to boil potatoes on the stove with no water in the sauce pan :0/

TTFN xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment